Help & Support
Hey everyone - this error code is quite the beast. People run into it almost every day when attempting to activate their phones, and here are a few steps that may help solve the problem for 95% of people!
Reset The Existing Carrier Data
- Fire up the dialer application
- It will ask you for your password or "MSL" - Your MSL can be found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard
- Click "Done" or click "OK" until your phone reboots.
Automatic PRL Update:
This process should give your phone the new phone number and required information to make calls and send text messages.
- From the home screen, tap the All Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Tap More.
- Tap Mobile networks.
- Tap Carrier settings.
- Tap Update PRL.
- After the update completes, tap OK.
If the PRL Update fails with an error code, proceed to Manually Provisioning Your Phone Number below!
Manually Provisioning Your PRL Update
- Fire up the dialer application
##MSL# (Your MSL can be found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard)
- Choose "Edit"
- Click on "MDN" or "Phone Number"
- Enter your 10-digit phone number (without any hyphens or punctuation)
- Click "Done"
- If necessary, click on "MSID"
- Enter the 10-digit MSID that is found in the Accounts page of your RingPlus Dashboard. Note: Please remove all of the zero's!
- Click "Done" or continue to click "Done" until your phone reboots.
You should now be able to make phone calls and texts! Next comes setting up your data connection.
Enabling Data by running a Profile Update (Android)
- Connect to a local WiFi signal. If you get an error at any point that says "No update available," connecting to a WiFi network will allow the handset to go over the Internet and reach the provisioning servers.
- Hold down the "Home" button or click on the “Application” icon
- Click “Settings”
- Click “System Updates” - depending on your version of Android (2.3, 4.0, 4.1, 5.0, etc...) this may also require you to swipe side-to-side to find it on a different screen.
- Click "Update Profile". The device will connect via the internet and provision your data.
Your phone will now reboot and when it comes back up, you should have full data!
This process will likely reset your MMS as well - if you'd like MMS to function, you'll probably need to Update Your MMS / MMSC URL
This topic is now pinned. It will appear at the top of its category until it is either unpinned by a moderator, or the Clear Pin button is pressed.
I've tried this about a dozen times and still keep receiving the MIP 67 error. It has never given me the option for PW or MSL once. After ##72786# it reboots, starts Preparing the Network and shows 3G/LTE in the top corner but after a few minutes gives "Error:(Code:6) Connection Error".
After selecting OK for this error message, it tells me "Activation Not Completed - Select to retry activation process". It then restarts from the Hands Free Activation screen, updates and proceeds to try to update PRL but gives "Error:(Code:6) Connection Error" again and then reboots and after about 3 min gives the MIP : 67 error.
Is it a Sprint branded device?
Yes, It Is A Sprint Branded Samsung Galaxy SIII.
It's working now. Not sure what happened or changed. Another forum noted that they had a similar issue and once they added money to their 1.99 account, it worked for them. I did this too and now have data and no longer get the SIP 67 error.
The Kate Plan only includes 50 minutes and 10 texts, no data. Until you top-up, you can't use data on your phone! So that was it!! Hope you enjoy your new plan!!
Thanks, loving it so far!
Can anyone give me advice on how to setup a Nexus S 4G phone to use data? The normal process would not activate and provision correctly.
I was able to manually setup the phone to call and text by inserting the R+ phone number.
FYI: It is running CyanogenMod ROM version 10.1.3, Android 4.2.2
Thank you very much.
You will most likely need to revert back to stock root or a stock based ROM, update your profile and prl and then reflash your ROM. Might post on XDA or Android Forums under the specific device and ask for advice.
Will the profile and PRL remain if I flash the ROM to something else after doing this with stock ROM?
Check out this link. In it, it says
in the future when you want to update your PRL or profile, just make a nandroid of your current ROM, restore the stock one, update profile and PRL, reboot into recovery, restore your current ROM.
So the profile and PRL will remain when putting on a new ROM!
Thanks, I will take a look at that link and test it out. I'll report if this works.
I got an error code 67 and no 3G data on my HTC One Max after enabling roaming (4G data, voice, and texting worked fine). It would also successfully profile update, although PRL update would fail.
I finally found a fix myself by disabling data in the dashboard (Manage Services tab), waiting a bit, then enabling it. Bam, phone ran activation all by itself, updated profile and PRL, and when everything settled it was working. This fix needs to be added to the list of things to try when people are having activation issues.